Plan and produce animations and motion graphics from conceptual storyboard through final digital output. Explores character development. Focuses on animation for television, movies, and gaming. This class meets for six (6) hours a week.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
The goal of this course is to teach students the basic skills and knowledge they will need to create and produce animations.
- Drawing techniques for animation / frame-by-frame animation.
- Create sequential drawings for a moving character.
- History of animation and notable animators in the field.
- Evaluate important animators and events in the history of animation
- Character development and animation.
- Produce believable motion in an animated character.
- Storyboarding for animated sequences.
- Devise and develop a storyboard for an animation.
- Using Adobe Photoshop in the animation process.
- Sketch a series of sequential drawings and use Photoshop to render an animated sequence.
- Introduction to Adobe After Effects and its use in motion graphics. Saving conventions for animation and rendering of videos.
- Construct an animated sequences using Adobe After Effects.
- Produce a movie showing a complex animated sequence.
Assessment and Requirements
- Assigned animation projects as described in the course syllabus
- Class Participation includes discussions and critiques
- Tests as described in the course syllabus