An individualized advanced-level course study of a topic or project under the direction of a faculty member who, together with the student, designs the format of the study or project. Must have completed the appropriate sequence of courses offered by the department.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- Topics will be determined through an assessment of the student’s current skill and competency levels in the media, and an evaluation of the student’s written statement of work intention.
- Demonstrate an ability to critically analyze and conduct in-depth research in the development and conceptualization of self-directed topic or project.*
- Illustrate organizational skills through assessment of topic/project needs and a creation of a written timeline for the evolution of the self-directed project from its inception through successful completion.*
- Effectively utilize resources and academic research in the pursuit of ascertaining solutions to issues related to self-directed topic or project.*
- Exhibit proficiency in written, oral, visual or graphic presentation of self-directed topic or project.
- Additional objectives will be determined based on needs of each individual student’s selected course of study.
Assessment and Requirements
- Evaluation of written statement of work intention
- Academic research
- On-line and/or on-campus attendance
- Final presentation
Credit for Prior College-Level Learning
Determined by department