Introduces the Internet and the creation and design of web pages with the focus on maintenance and modification of web pages. Covers popular Internet topics such as communicating online, portals, research and reference tools, and shopping sites. Uses Web-page software to design and create web pages.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Internet and Browser Basics.
- Explain the purpose of browsers; use a browser.
- Search Engines and Overview of World Wide Web (WWW).
- Explain the purpose of search engines.
- Compare and contrast the most popular search engines.*
- Use search engines, and compare search results.
- Communication Tools Online.
- Use e-mail software incorporating spam control and file attachments.
- Critique the use of wikis and blogs.*
- Introduction to Web Design.
- Design a web page.*
- Creation and Publication of Pages.
- Create and produce a web page using a software package.*
- Links, Images, and Lists.
- Use advanced features to design a web page.
- Advance Web Design Features.
- Integrate links, bullets, templates, and graphics into website designs.*
Assessment and Requirements
Students will be assessed through tests, quizzes, homework, use of a computer and web-page software in the classroom, and/or class participation.