Introduces control logic components and circuit function. Examines combinational and sequential ladder logic designs with attention to reliability of function. Involves construction of various circuits that demonstrate key component functionality concepts. Introduces troubleshooting using analytical techniques, multimeters, chart recorders, and oscilloscopes.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
To provide students the opportunity to become familiar with the fundamentals of Electricity/Electronics, utilizing digital learning materials and hands-on labs.
- Relay Types
- Switching Contact Characteristics
- Circuit Layout
- Circuit Types
- Logic Circuits
- Output Circuits
- Circuit Breakers
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
1. Describe the properties of semiconductor material.
2. Determine the correct operation and application of diodes and transistors.*
3. Describe key elements of a vision system.
Assessment and Requirements
• AMTEC Modular Pre and Post exams
• Lab evaluation utilizing a standard evaluation matrix
AMTEC Module 1073 Digital Learning Materials
Credit for Prior College-Level Learning
Successful completion of AMTEC Course Module 1073 Post Assessment (85%) and instructor assessment of lab activities.