Introduces industrial robotic safety standards, historic time line of industrial robots, industrial classification of robots, common industrial applications of robots, basic system components found in industrial robot applications, robotic motion concepts, and common robot terms and definitions used in computer integrated manufacturing (CIM).
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
To provide students the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of Introduction to Robotics, utilizing digital learning materials and hands-on labs.
- Robotic Safety Standards
- Industrial Robotic Overview and History
- Linematics and The Robotic Coordinate System
- End of Arm Tooling (EOAT)*
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM)
Assessment and Requirements
• Pre and Post exams
• Completion of all assigned labs evaluated using standard Rubrics (see Division).
See Division for required texts/materials.
Credit for Prior College-Level Learning
Successful completion of current Post Assessment (85%) and instructor assessment of lab activities.