Explains the fundamental concepts of fluid power. Covers the principles of fluid power, calculations of physical properties of fluids, and their ability to do work. Introduces the various fluid power components, symbols, and circuits. Introduces troubleshooting of fluid power components and systems with an emphasis on safety.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- The Aspects of Fluid Power
- Basic of Hydraulic and Pneumatic Power Systems
- Safety Concerns When Dealing with Fluid Power
- Calculations on Fluid Power Systems
- Troubleshooting and Repairing Hydraulic and Pneumatic Gages
- Simulating the Powering Up of Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems
- Systems for Tracking and Documenting Fluid Power Components
Demonstrate satisfactory hydraulic and pneumatic safety knowledge.
Describe the basics of fluid power systems.
Perform calculations on fluid power systems.*
Describe how to power up a hydraulic or pneumatic system.
Assessment and Requirements
• Pre and Post exams
• Completion of all assigned lab evaluated by utilizing a standard evaluation matrix (see Division)
See Division for all required texts/materials
Credit for Prior College-Level Learning
Successful completion of current post assessment, 85% or higher, and instructor assessment of lab activities