Introduces various types of conductors that carry fluid through a system. Focuses on fittings, hose, and steel tubing used in fluid power systems.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
To provide students the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of Hydraulics/Pneumatics Systems, utilizing digital learning materials and hands-on labs.
- Proper Safe Practices When Working with Hose, Piping, and Tubing
- Identification and Selection of Connecting Lines (Hose, Piping, Tubing And Fittings) Used in Fluid Power Systems
- Troubleshooting Hose and Tubing Used in Fluid Power Systems
- Repair of Hose and Tubing
- Replacement of Hose and Tubing Used in Fluid Power Systems
Demonstrate proper safe practices when working with hose, piping, and tubing.
Identify and select connecting lines (hose, piping, tubing and fittings) used in fluid power systems.
Troubleshoot hydraulic hose and tubing used in fluid power systems.*
Repair hydraulic hose and tubing.
Replace hydraulic hose and tubing used in fluid power systems.
Assessment and Requirements
• Pre and Post exams
• Completion of all assigned lab evaluated by utilizing a standard evaluation matrix (see Division)
See Division for all required texts/materials
Credit for Prior College-Level Learning
Successful completion of current post assessment, 85% or higher, and instructor assessment of lab activities