Introduces the basic concepts, safety rules, and issues related to the use of rigging equipment, attachment components, calculating sling angle stresses, and safe lifting and turning loads.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
To provide students the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of Trade and Apprentice Education, utilizing digital learning materials and hands-on labs.
- Rigging Safety
- Center of Gravity and Proper Balancing of a Load
- Calculating Load Weights
- Functions and Types of Slings
- Types of Hitches
- Rigging Attachments
- Rigging Equipment Maintenance
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate satisfactory rigging safety knowledge, based on loads and equipment to be lifted.*
- Calculate or verify lifting weights.
- Identify functions and types of straps and/or slings.
- Explain the proper pre-operation inspection procedures for slings, chains, and attachments.
Assessment and Requirements
• AMTEC Modular Pre and Post exams
• Lab evaluation utilizing a standard evaluation matrix
AMTEC Module 1093 Digital Learning Materials
Credit for Prior College-Level Learning
Successful completion of AMTEC Course Module 1093 Post Assessment (85%) and instructor assessment of lab activities.