Explores the set-up and use of the Oxy/Fuel cutting torch, the Oxy/Fuel line cutter, Plasma Arc cutting, safety protocols, and proper use of power tools in the welding lab. Also explores how to assemble various weld joints. Laboratory activities.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- Manuel oxy/fuel cutting.
- Plasma arc cutting.
- Power tool safety and use.
- Oxy/fuel line cutter.
- Demonstrate proper set-up and use of an Oxy/Fuel cutting outfit.
- Demonstrate proper set-up and use of an Oxy/Fuel line cutter.
- Demonstrate proper set-up and use of a Plasma Arc Cutter.
- Demonstrate proper safety and use of power tools.
- Demonstrate fillet and groove joint assembly.*
Assessment and Requirements
• Post exam
• Lab evaluation utilizing a standard evaluation matrix
Texts, handouts, and/or workbooks will be determined by the Welding Technology department with approval by the division.
Credit for Prior College-Level Learning