Explores the theory and operation of shielded metal arc welding in a vertical welding position.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- Safety protocols.
- Vertical welding position.
- Final weldment assembly.
- Demonstrate proper safety practices for Shielded Metal Arc Welding.
- Apply the proper welding machine settings for a given competency using the Shielded Metal Arc Welding process.
- Demonstrate proper welding technique in vertical position using the Shielded Metal Arc Welding process.
- Perform welds using proper preparation and welding technique for a given weldment.
Assessment and Requirements
Assessment of academic achievement may include (but is not limited to) exams, quizzes, homework, and laboratory assignments.
Texts, handouts, and/or workbooks will be determined by the Welding Technology department faculty.
Credit for Prior College-Level Learning
Test and weldment competency.