Introduces safety protocols and the proper preparation used to weld pipe. Emphasizes pipe welding in 2G and 5G welding positions.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- Safety protocols.
- Pipe preparation and alignment.
- Open root pass.
- 2G welding position.
- 5G welding position.
- Demonstrate proper safety practices for pipe welding.
- Identify and explain the 2G and 5G pipe welding positions.
- Demonstrate the proper alignment techniques for welded pipe joints.
- Demonstrate proper welding technique for an open root pass on plate.
- Perform a weld using the proper techniques for the 2G and 5G positions using the Shielded Metal Arc Welding process.
- Perform a weld using the proper techniques for the 2G and 5G positions using the Gas Tungsten Arc Welding process.
Assessment and Requirements
Assessment of academic achievement may include (but is not limited to) exams, quizzes, homework, and laboratory assignments.
Texts, handouts, and/or workbooks will be determined by the Welding Technology department faculty.
Credit for Prior College-Level Learning
Test and weldment competency.