Covers safety protocols, preparation, and the proper welding techniques used to weld tool steel used in tools and dies.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- Tool steels.
- Filler metals.
- Preparation procedures.
- Weld procedures.
- Demonstrate proper safety practices for tool and die welding.
- Identify and explain tool steels.
- Identify the proper filler metals used in the repair of tools and dies.
- Explain the proper preparation techniques for the repair of a tool or a die.
- Explain the proper welding procedures for the repair of a tool or die.
Assessment and Requirements
Assessment of academic achievement may include (but is not limited to) exams, quizzes, homework, and laboratory assignments.
Texts, handouts, and/or workbooks will be determined by the Welding Technology department faculty.
Credit for Prior College-Level Learning