An introductory-level course that explores the installation and configuration of the Windows Server operating system, connecting client workstations, Active Directory and Server management, system monitoring and maintenance as well as the configuration of network printing.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- Introduction to Windows Server Operating System
- Installation of Windows Server
- Configuration of Windows Server
- Introduction and Installation of Active Directory
- Creation/Maintenance of User Accounts/Security Groups
- Configuration of File System Security
- Configuration of Windows Server Printing
- Managing Data Storage
- Managing Windows Server Network Services
- Securing Windows Server
- Server and Network Monitoring
- Discuss the features of Windows Server operating system
- Determine specifications for required server hardware.
- Install and configure the Microsoft Windows Server operating system.
- Setup and manage Active Directory, domains, user accounts and groups.*
- Implement network security and permissions that would allow access to network applications and data.*
- Install and configure network printing.
- Analyze Windows Servers, troubleshoot common server, and network problems.*
- Perform Windows Server and network system maintenance.
Assessment and Requirements
Examinations which will include lab problems, hands-on lab evaluations, homework and assignments.