An intermediate-level course in which a database-backed web site using PHP and SQL is developed. Also covers HTML, CSS, PHP, database design, JSON, Git, and security.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- HTML, CSS, and PHP
- Modular Programming
- PHP Programming Control Structures Models
- PHP Arrays
- PHP Functions
- JSON Data Sets
- Database-backed Web Sites
- Version Control Software
- Integrate HTML, CSS, and PHP to develop interactive web applications.
- Demonstrate modular programming design with PHP.
- Demonstrate effective use of programming control structures in PHP, e.g. loops, decision statements, etc.
- Demonstrate effective use of arrays in PHP.
- Demonstrate effective use of functions in PHP.
- Demonstrate effective use of objects in PHP.
- Develop PHP pages that interact with JSON data sets.
- Design and create a database-backed website in PHP and MySQL.
- Develop database queries to search, insert, update and delete data and structure in a MySQL database.
- Identify appropriate programming practices and standards for secure web and database applications.
- Use Git to to commit, push, pull, and further manipulate version controls on software.
Assessment and Requirements
Assessment of academic achievement may include (but is not limited to) exams, quizzes, homework, and laboratory assignments.