An advanced-level course covering client- and server-side web development frameworks. Web frameworks will be used to create both dynamic front-end user-interfaces and web applications. Popular web frameworks will be used, e.g. Bootstrap, AngularJS, Ember, Django.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- Popular Web Framework and Languages
- Client-Side Web Frameworks
- Server-Side Web Frameworks
- Cross-Platform Development
- Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Identify the industry’s most popular client-side and server-side web frameworks and the programming languages used in each.
- Describe how client-side web framework are used to speed up development time and create cross-platform, accessible, responsive, and dynamic user-interfaces and web sites.
- Describe how server-side web frameworks are used to speed up development time and create dynamic web sites and applications.
- Use a client-side web framework to create a web page/site.
- Use a server-side web framework (web application framework) to create a web page/site.
- Demonstrate the use of web frameworks to create cross-platform web sites, e.g. desktops, mobile devices, etc.
- Utilize an Application Programming Interface (API) to add functionality to a web page.
Assessment and Requirements
Assessment of academic achievement may include (but is not limited to) exams, quizzes, homework, and laboratory assignments.