An advanced-level course focusing on writing Windows applications that interface with a database management system using the C# language. Covers using data sources for Rapid Application Development and structuring a three-tier application architecture.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- How to work indexers, delegates, events, and operators.
- How to work with inheritance, interfaces and generics
- How to work with data sources and datasets
- How to work with bound controls and parameterized queries
- How to write your own data access code
- How to work with LINQ
- Compose a Windows application using data sources.
- Design and code a Windows application using bound controls and parameterized queries.
- Develop business and database classes that utilize property procedures, methods, indexers, delegates, events, inheritance and polymorphism.
- Design, code and test a Windows application using the reporting features of Visual Studio.
- Develop a Windows application using the LINQ language.
Assessment and Requirements
Written exams and hands-on lab activities