An advanced-level course which examines advanced Java features including Java EE/J2EE, data structures, file I/O, database connectivity, Servlets, networking, Java Beans, Java Server Pages (JSP), Struts, and Java Frameworks. Covers practical programming exercises and compilers.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- Data Structures
- File I/O
- Database Connectivity
- Java Server Pages (JSP)
- Java Beans
- Java Frameworks
- Explain the purpose, architecture, and components of J2EE/Java EE.
- Create data structures.
- Perform File Input/Output (I/O) using Java.
- Access a database using Java.
- Create a dynamic web (HTTP) page using a Java Servlet.
- Create a dynamic web (HTTP) page using a Java Server Page (JSP).
- Create a Java networking class.
- Create a re-usable Enterprise JavaBean (EJB) that performs business logic.*
- Describe various Java frameworks, such as Struts, Spring/MVC, and JSF.
Assessment and Requirements
Written tests and hands-on activities.