Focuses on applying orthographic principles to mechanical drawings, using the SolidWorks software program. Provides instruction on how to develop section views, auxiliary views, and isometric projections; how to lay out detailed drawings, including advanced assembly procedures and manipulation of assembly components; and how to apply dimensions for manufacturing to orthographic views.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- Title Blocks
- Sections Views
- Auxiliary Views
- Detail Drawings
- Apply functional dimensions to orthographic views.
- Develop section views.
- Produce auxiliary views.
- Insert an isometric projection into a drawing.
- Define a title block in a drawing, and complete the title block.
- Attach a border unto a drawing file.
- Establish drawing preferences.
- Create detail drawings.
- Employ advance assembly procedures.
- *Edit and manipulate components of an assembly.
Assessment and Requirements
All students will be required to complete a set of competencies measured through assignments, exams, and quizzes and achieving a cumulative average of 70%.