Explores the use of the drafting workbench and surfacing. Covers the application of dimensions and tolerances, and the creation of advanced views. Instruction in surfacing includes extruding and the creation of simple and complex surfaces in the generative shape design workbench.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- Working in the Drafting Work Bench
- Generating views in Drafting Work Bench
- Application of dimensions, tolerances, notes and text in Drafting Work Bench
- Surfacing in the Generative Shape Design (GSD) Work Bench
- Making a solid part from surfaces
- Configure dimensioning styles
- Apply various types of tolerance dimensions
- Apply various types of symbols found on a detail drawing
- Apply various types of call-outs/notes on a detail drawing
- Construct advanced views that are shown on a detail drawing
- Construct a complex surface by use of surfacing tools
- Make a solid model from a surface
Assessment and Requirements
All students will be required to complete a set of competencies measured through drawings, tests, written assignments, and achieving a cumulative average of 60% or above.