Studies the basic principles of manual perspective drawing and rendering. Emphasis on various perspective drawing, sketching, and rendering techniques as a means to visually communicate interior spaces.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
To develop professional visual communication skills as a method of representing furniture and interiors in three-dimensional drawings.
- Isometric drawings
- One-point and two-point perspective drawings.
- Drawing and rendering techniques to convey and represent interior materials, finishes and surface textures, patterns, values, dimension, light and shadows.
- Rendering techniques using a variety of media including colored pencils, markers, ink and pastels.
- Artistic sketching, drawing and rendering for visually conveying aesthetic interior design concepts.
- Quick sketching.
- Establish multiple methods of visually communicating interior space, furnishings, and furniture.
- Demonstrate proficient three-dimensional sketching, rendering, and visual presentation skills.
- Apply a variety of techniques to visually convey surface texture, pattern, light, value, and shadow.
- Visually enhance 2-D and 3-D drawings of interior spaces using various media and rendering techniques.
- Express personal style and artistic flare in sketching and rendering interior spaces.
Assessment and Requirements
- One-Point Perspective Sketches and Drawing of Interiors
- Two-Point Perspective Drawing of Interiors
- Isometric Drawing
- Rendering exercises and assignments
- Render interior drawings or sketches
Credit for Prior College-Level Learning
Determined by department