Covers the elementary functions and application of the electronic probe on a Vertical Machining Center. Topics include set-up and calibration of the probe and use and application of the following cycles - Bore/Boss measuring cycle, Web/Pocket measuring cycle, and internal and external cycles. Laboratory activities.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- Variable Data Tables
- Set-up and Calibration of Table Probes
- Length and Diameter Measuring Cycles
- Set-up and Calibration of Spindle Probe
- Protected Positioning
- Single Surface Measurement
- Use Protected Positioning and a Single Surface Measurement Cycle
- Web/Pocket, Bore/Boss, Internal Corner, and External Corner Measuring Cycles
- Combining Cycles
- Tolerance Checking Using Probe
- Identify a macro program.
- Identify macro data table and manually input data.
- Identify a macro alarm.
- Describe the use of the macro edit lock.
- Describe the calibration of a spindle and table probe.
- Apply the tool length and diameter measuring cycles.
- Apply the protected positioning cycle.
- Apply X, Y, Z single-surface measuring cycles.
- Apply web/pocket and core/boss measuring cycles.
- Apply internal and external corner measuring cycle.
- Construct passing variable macro arguments.*
- Evaluate the efficiency of probe measuring procedures.*
Credit for Prior College-Level Learning
Student Interview and Portfolio Review