An introductory-level course in computer-assisted part programming. Covers programming for both the CNC mill and lathe. Coursework utilizes CAD/CAM software (Mastercam, Catia, and UG NX) running on a personal computer.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- Screen Set-up
- Mouse Use
- Insert, Modifier, and Snap Icons
- Insert Icon - Circle
- Insert Icon - Arc
- Insert Icon - Polygon
- Insert Icon - Fillet/Chamfer
- Insert Icon - Pattern
- Insert Icon - Spline
- Utility Icons
- Modifier Icons for CAM
- Tool Library
- Demonstrate the application of tool boundaries and tool paths to 2D CAD drawings.
- Distinguish between CAD drawings in a DXF or IGES format.
- Store and retrieve CAD/CAM drawings.
- Post process CAM data into machine code for both CNC Vertical Machining Centers and Turning Centers.*
Credit for Prior College-Level Learning
Student Interview and Portfolio Review