Enables students interested in construction, apprenticeship, multi-skilled technician, and plumbing industries to properly select materials and methods of installation/protection of potable water supply and distribution systems. Students will review fixtures, choosing materials, appliances, appurtenances and best installation practices for sustainable potable water supply systems and will also become familiar with inspecting, testing, plumbing repair and related systems.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- Potable Water Systems
- Backflow Prevention and Devices
- Potable Water System Testing
- Potable Water System Repair
- Design and install a potable water supply system according to plumbing codes.*
- Define plumbing fixtures and appliances as related to potable plumbing.
- Define common causes of back-flow and back-flow prevention devices.
- Identify terms related to water reclamation and and recycling.
- Define methods for performing potable water supply and distribution piping tests and repair.
Assessment and Requirements
The following will be used to assess student's academic achievement:
- Labs 70% and above throughout semester
Credit for Prior College-Level Learning
A hands-on demonstration to display competence of course learning objectives.