Offers study and practice in the skills required for successful communication from behind microphones and in front of cameras, with special attention on announcing, interviewing, and acting.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- Voice development
- Analysis of Industry jobs and standards
- Radio Commercials & PSAs
- Character voice creation
- Doubles and Tags
- Radio News
- TV Commercials & PSAs
- Ensemble: TV Show--news magazine, interview or other
- TV or Film Scene
- The Business of Media Performance: Rules and Ethics
Evaluate and apply the core aspects of vocal and visual performance that affect and advance the development of vocals skills, in the context of microphone and camera recording
Analyze industry jobs and trends through a variety of industry-offered media scripts as talent
Prepare and perform a variety of radio scripts, such as commercials, PSA's, tags, doubles and news
Prepare and perform a variety of teleprompter and memorized television scripts, such as commercials, PSAs, news, interview and dramatic
Reconstruct a film/TV scene through performance and explain your choice of interpretation
- Identify and evaluate ethical and moral implications of the media performance business on individuals and society
Assessment and Requirements
- Comprehensive Mid-term and Final exam on the pertinent theoretical and critical knowledge.
- Critiques both verbal and written of each individual and group performance as they take place with emphasis on student self-analysis as well as instructor critique and grading to industry standard.
- Overall review of portfolio of audio and video work performed.