Focuses on understanding theory through practical application on multiple projects. Provides experience in one of the following specialized areas: scenic and/or properties design, construction and/or painting, theatre sound: design, engineering and operation; special effects: design, safety, engineering and operation; production management, stage management, house management, lighting: design, hanging and operations; or promotion and publicity.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
To provide students practical experience and theoretical application in key technical production processes.
- Technical Theatre Project Areas.
- Choosing an Area.
- Relating the Project to the Production.
- Creating the Project.
- Integrating the Project into the Production.
- Evaluating the Project.
- Modifying the Project.
- Conduct research to develop cognitive knowledge in the area.*
- Produce projects relevant to the theatrical process in the specialized and associated areas.*
- Engage in skill-building activities to develop expertise in the area.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well in supervised teams and in solo activities.*
- Demonstrate the ability to assist in various production-related activities of the given semester, including run crew activities.
Assessment and Requirements
Credit for Prior College-Level Learning
Determined by department