Provides an analysis of the basic functions of stage makeup, demonstrates the art of makeup application, and explores age, animal, fantasy, horror, and foam latex prosthetic makeup techniques. Students design and apply their own makeup as well as design and apply makeup for actors in HFC mainstage productions.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
Students will learn the basic techniques of corrective makeup, highlight and shadow techniques, two dimensional aging, eyebags, nasolabial folds, crepe hair, 3-D effects, stippling, burns, scars, animal makeup, stylized makeup, portrait makeup, and introduction to prosthetics.
- Straight Makeup: Design and Execution.
- Character Makeup: Design and Execution.
- Beards and Hair: Design and Execution.
- Prosthetic Makeup: Design and Execution.
- Design painted stage makeup.
- Apply painted stage makeup.
- Design prosthetic makeup.
- Create prosthetic makeup.*
Assessment and Requirements
- Objective tests
- Analysis of professional makeup
Credit for Prior College-Level Learning
Determined by department