Offers a survey of theatrical production, including acting, directing, theatre architecture, artistic movements, and significant ideas that affect the development of theatre from the Greeks through the present. Emphasizes individual research and projects.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- Style and Culture
- History and Production
- Western Theatre Influences
- Stage Spaces
- Technical Theatre and Historical Productions
- Writing about Historical Theatre
- Identify the cultural differences that create unique theatrical styles.
- Analyze the association between the history of an era and its theatrical productions.
- Identify the major ideological influences for Western Theater.*
- Idenfity the importance of physical space upon historical plays.
- Describe the basic concepts of lighting, acting, directing, and costuming for historical productions.
- Write an analytical paper about historical theatrical subjects.*
- Write a critical review of historical theatrical productions.*
*Critical Thinking Objective
Assessment and Requirements
- A midterm exam
- A final exam
- A play review
- A research paper
Credit for Prior College-Level Learning
Determined by department.