Covers the various systems found on today’s vehicles, including electrical, fuel, ignition, power, and drive train. Course work provides a broad background in numerous fields allied to the automobile industry and provides actual experience to strengthen understanding of the theory learned in the classroom. Laboratory classrooms are equipped with some of the latest equipment, including representative types of engines, chassis, transmissions, rear axles, and considerable testing equipment. This program can be completed individually or applied to the Associate degree in Automotive Technology. Because this certificate transfers into a two-year degree program, it is highly recommended that students complete certificate requirements prior to degree requirements.
- Demonstrate proper use of special tools.
- Use safety equipment properly.
- Dissemble, perform critical measurements, resemble, and demonstrate satisfactory operation of components.
- Perform job specific tasks as required for NATEF accreditation.
- Demonstrate proper use of tools and equipment commonly found in industry.
- Research proper service information using common current industry technology.
- Demonstrate proper care and use of emerging technology tools and equipment.
- Demonstrate proper care and use of alternative energy tools and equipment.
- Demonstrate proficiency and understanding of emerging technologies.
• Dynamometer Technician
• Parts Manager
• Product Test Technician
• Service Manager
• Service Technician
The Automotive Technology program is certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) and the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF).
This program is designed to be completed in 48 weeks.
This program will cost $10,818 if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical debt upon graduation is not available.
Program qualifies students to sit for licensure exam in the State of Michigan.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/