Certificate of Achievement
School of Business, Entrepreneurship, and Professional Development: 313-845-9645, firstname.lastname@example.org, Technology Bldg, Room: E-211
Kristopher Young: 313-845-6324, email@example.com, Technology Bldg, Room: E-162C
Provides the necessary knowledge and laboratory experience to achieve entry-level job skills in those courses relating directly to the set-up, operation, and data acquisition system commonly employed in automotive chassis and engine dynamometers. Because the course work for the Certificate of Achievement transfers into the two-year degree program, it is highly recommended that students complete certificate requirements prior to degree requirements.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate proper use of special tools.
- Use safety equipment properly.
- Dissemble, perform critical measurements, resemble, and demonstrate satisfactory operation of components.
- Perform job specific tasks as required for NATEF accreditation.
- Demonstrate proper use of tools and equipment commonly found in industry.
- Research proper service information using common current industry technology.
- Demonstrate proper care and use of emerging technology tools and equipment.
- Demonstrate proper care and use of alternative energy tools and equipment.
- Demonstrate proficiency and understanding of emerging technologies.
• Data Evaluation Specialist
• Dynamometer Technician
• Engineering Technician
• Test Driver
The Automotive Technology program is certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) and the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) Board.
Required Core Courses
Credit Hours: 16
Minimum Total Credit Hours
Requirements are subject to change. The information represented here is effective starting Fall 2022 and applies to the current catalog year. If you were admitted prior to this year, please check your requirements under the My Progress section of HFC Self Service.