Provides the necessary knowledge and laboratory experience to achieve entry-level job skills in those courses relating directly to the set-up, operation, and data acquisition system commonly employed in automotive chassis and engine dynamometers. Because the course work for the Certificate of Achievement transfers into the two-year degree program, it is highly recommended that students complete certificate requirements prior to degree requirements.
- Demonstrate proper use of special tools.
- Use safety equipment properly.
- Dissemble, perform critical measurements, resemble, and demonstrate satisfactory operation of components.
- Perform job specific tasks as required for NATEF accreditation.
- Demonstrate proper use of tools and equipment commonly found in industry.
- Research proper service information using common current industry technology.
- Demonstrate proper care and use of emerging technology tools and equipment.
- Demonstrate proper care and use of alternative energy tools and equipment.
- Demonstrate proficiency and understanding of emerging technologies.
• Data Evaluation Specialist
• Dynamometer Technician
• Engineering Technician
• Test Driver
The Automotive Technology program is certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) and the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) Board.