Provides the necessary knowledge and laboratory experience to achieve entry-level job skills in those courses relating directly to the set-up, operation, and data acquisition system commonly employed in automotive chassis and engine dynamometers. Because the course work for the Certificate of Achievement transfers into the two-year degree program, it is highly recommended that students complete certificate requirements prior to degree requirements.
- Demonstrate proper use of special tools.
- Use safety equipment properly.
- Dissemble, perform critical measurements, resemble, and demonstrate satisfactory operation of components.
- Perform job specific tasks as required for NATEF accreditation.
- Demonstrate proper use of tools and equipment commonly found in industry.
- Research proper service information using common current industry technology.
- Demonstrate proper care and use of emerging technology tools and equipment.
- Demonstrate proper care and use of alternative energy tools and equipment.
- Demonstrate proficiency and understanding of emerging technologies.
• Data Evaluation Specialist
• Dynamometer Technician
• Engineering Technician
• Test Driver
The Automotive Technology program is certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) and the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) Board.
This program is designed to be completed in 32 weeks.
This program will cost $5,310 if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical debt upon graduation is not available.
Program qualifies students to sit for licensure exam in the State of Michigan.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/