Provides experience with CAD programs and applications. Begins with manual drafting and progresses to CAD design, detailing, and problem solving. Includes exposure to a wide variety of drafting specialties such as: layout and detailing in product design, machine element drafting, fixture design, and die design. Utilizes current design software.
- Develop knowledge of career opportunities and demonstrate the requisite entry-level CAD and industrial drafting skills for the manufacturing industry.
- Utilize drafting principles to read and comprehend a part drawing.
- Apply and layout dimensions on a part drawing for manufacturing.
- Create a part design using 3-D CAD software program.
- Create orthographic views of a part design utilizing 3-D CAD software program.
- Create section views of a part.
- Project an auxiliary view from an inclined surface.
- Apply sketching techniques to sketch objects orthographically and pictorially.
- CAD Drafter
- CAD Manager
- Design Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- SolidWorks Designer
- UGNX Designer
Complete 3 hours from any course from the Computer Technology list.
|Course name||Credit Hours|
|MTT-100: Machine Tool Processes I||4.00|
|MTT-130: Quality Control Gaging and Inspection||3.00|