Provides students the basic courses and field experience necessary for meaningful work and career advancement in fields such as community and economic development, community organizing, and policy advocacy. Students learn skills and develop their talents in order to become agents of positive social change in various aspects of their careers and communities.
- Demonstrate awareness and knowledge of the historical, cultural, and political dimensions of the Detroit metropolitan area.
- Describe and apply the skills of effective leadership in organizations and communities.
- Use effective verbal and written communication to develop and deliver public presentations.
- Describe and apply the skills of power mapping in organizations and communities.
- Demonstrate cultural competencies within organizations and communities.
- Demonstrate skills for leading & developing campaigns, outreach, team building, developing & implementing a work plan, engaging required resources.
- Demonstrate ability to convene groups, facilitate meetings, negotiate, identify and prioritize issues.
This program prepares students for careers in:
- Human services and non-profits
- City and local governments
- Environmental services and the green economy
- Community health services
|Course name||Credit Hours|
|POLS-110: Introduction to Community Leadership||3.00|
|POLS-111: Foundations of Community Leadership||3.00|
|SOC-212: Leadership in Diverse Communities and Organizations||3.00|
|POLS-295: Community Leadership Internship||3.00|
This program is designed to be completed in 32 weeks.
This program will cost $3,302 if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical debt upon graduation is not available.
The State of Michigan does not have licensure requirements for this profession.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/