Prepares graduates for an entry-level position as a Full Stack Web Developer, Web Administrator, Web Programmer or Multimedia Developer. The Web Development Associate Degree distinguishes itself with extensive hands-on laboratory experience using the latest technology and software. Industry-experienced, full-time faculty provide the highest quality instruction on the latest web development environments and frameworks, graphics and design techniques, client and server-side coding and scripting, back-end technologies, database, multimedia tools, and project management principles.
- Explain the client – server model of web development and develop client and server – side web pages.
- Develop and publish a web site utilizing web authoring and content management software.
- Use a client-side web framework to create web pages.
- Use a server-side web framework (web application framework) to create web pages.
- Interface with the Unix/Linux operating system, including the vi editor, file management, and shell scripting.
- Design and create a database-backed website in PHP and MySQL.
- Configure a web server with dynamic content and database connectivity.
- Analyze, design, and implement an information system.
- Create and deliver a professional team presentation.
Prepare graduates for an entry-level position as a Full Stack Web Developer, Web Administrator, or Web Programmer.
See General Education Requirements for details.
Complete additional 100-level, or higher, courses to complete the requirements for this degree.