Designed for students seeking to enter the boiler operation, power plant operation or facilities operation and maintenance fields. Through the use of laboratory activities, students operate boilers, engines, turbines, and heating and cooling equipment.
Courses in the certificate may also be applied to the Energy Technology — Power/Building Engineer Advanced Certificate. All courses in the certificate program may also be applied to an Associate in Applied Science degree in Energy Technology — Power/Building Engineer.
- Use proper tools, materials and equipment necessary for completing mechanical operations on residential and light commercial HVAC-R systems and equipment.
- Utilize standard safety procedures.
- Demonstrate both soft skills and communication skills including reading comprehension, computer skills, communication, and customer service.
- Troubleshoot electrical systems and controls in HVAC-R equipment.
- Interpret mechanical, electrical, and control diagrams relevant to the HVAC-R industry.
- Apply manufacturer specifications for HVAC-R equipment and systems.
- Demonstrate energy auditing and energy management for efficiency.
- Perform preventive maintenance according to service agreements.
- Air conditioning areas such as sales, service, installation, maintenance, and repair of buildings and their related mechanical and electrical systems
Upon completing this certificate program, students may choose to contact local license agencies for assistance with meeting the requirements to take a HP Boiler, LP Boiler or National Institute for the Uniform Licensing of Power Engineers (NIULPE) 4th Class license exam.
This program is designed to be completed in 32 weeks.
This program will cost $3,992 if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical debt upon graduation is not available.
Program qualifies students to sit for licensure exam in the State of Michigan.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/