Introduces individuals to job opportunities in the areas of non-traditional energy efficient power generation, heating and cooling, alternative automotive propulsion, green construction, and energy savings through better usage and design.
- Distinguish the full range of renewable energy technologies and their applications.
- Describe how mechanical components of renewable energy technologies that are economically relevant work (wind, solar PV, solar thermal, batteries, geothermal, small hydropower, fuel cells, alternatively fueled vehicles, and biomass).
- Demonstrate basic principles of electrical repair and installation while employing appropriate safety measures.
- Demonstrate the installation, maintenance, and repair of small wind generators, solar PV, solar thermal hot water systems, basic biomass. combustion systems, and above-ground components of geothermal systems following manufacturer specifications.
- Compare and contrast the environmental impact and economic role of both traditional and alternative energy supplies.
- Perform building energy audits for residential and commercial buildings.
- Perform energy efficient upgrades to building envelopes, HVAC equipment, and controls.
- Describe and apply mechanical, building, plumbing, electrical, and energy codes, standards, local ordinances, and state and federal regulations.
- Wind and photovoltaic
- Hydrogen fuel cell technology
This program is designed to be completed in 48 weeks.
This program will cost $7,713 if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical debt upon graduation is not available.
Program qualifies students to sit for licensure exam in the State of Michigan.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/