Provides opportunities for students to build character, leadership, and technical skills critical for success in the global industry of hospitality and tourism. For degrees in Hospitality Management, continue with the Associate Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management and Bachelor of Science Degree at Henry Ford College.
- List, discuss and name companies in multiple segments of the Hospitality industry. List and describe entry level supervisory positions currently available in the marketplace within each segment.
- Achieve the designation of National Restaurant Association Serv-Safe Certified Food Protection Manager.
- Describe the functions of the night audit and various financial reports prepared by the front desk.
- Identify various types of hotels in terms of service they provide for the guest.
- Explain the relationship between the housekeeping, front office, maintenance, and food and beverage departments.
- Hotel Associate
- Front Office Lead Associate
- Housekeeping Lead Associate
- Guest Services Lead Associate
Common allergens, blood borne pathogens
Courses in the Hotel/Restaurant Management curriculum are supported by materials and certification exams from the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute, National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, and Federation of Dining Room Professionals.
Instructors receive training and certifications from the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute, The National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, the Federation of Dining Room Professionals and the American Culinary Federation.