Provides opportunities for students to build character, leadership, and technical skills critical for success in the global industry of hospitality and tourism. For degrees in Hospitality Management, continue with the Associate Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management and Bachelor of Science Degree at Henry Ford College.
- List, discuss and name companies in multiple segments of the Hospitality industry. List and describe entry level supervisory positions currently available in the marketplace within each segment.
- Achieve the designation of National Restaurant Association Serv-Safe Certified Food Protection Manager.
- Describe the functions of the night audit and various financial reports prepared by the front desk.
- Identify various types of hotels in terms of service they provide for the guest.
- Explain the relationship between the housekeeping, front office, maintenance, and food and beverage departments.
- Hotel Associate
- Front Office Lead Associate
- Housekeeping Lead Associate
- Guest Services Lead Associate
Common allergens, blood borne pathogens
Courses in the Hotel/Restaurant Management curriculum are supported by materials and certification exams from the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute, National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, and Federation of Dining Room Professionals.
Instructors receive training and certifications from the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute, The National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, the Federation of Dining Room Professionals and the American Culinary Federation.
This program is designed to be completed in 32 weeks.
This program will cost $3,592 if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical debt upon graduation is not available.
The State of Michigan does not have licensure requirements for this profession.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/