Certificate of Achievement
School of Business, Entrepreneurship, and Professional Development: 313-845-9645, firstname.lastname@example.org, Technology Bldg, Room: E-211
James Anderson: 313-845-6351, email@example.com, Technology Bldg, Room: E-172A
Students will diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul buses and trucks, or maintain and repair any type of diesel engines. Includes mechanics working primarily with automobile or marine diesel engines.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Use handtools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Inspect, repair, and maintain automotive and mechanical equipment and machinery such as pumps and compressors.
Additional Program Requirements
Complete a minimum of 38 additional credit hours in courses required within your specialization.
Required Core Courses
|Course name||Credit Hours|
|AUTO-105: Internal Combustion Engines||3.00|
|AUTO-110: Automotive Electrical Systems||3.00|
|AUTO-120: Automotive Fuel Management Systems||2.00|
|AUTO-131: Automotive Ignition Systems||2.00|
|AUTO-140: Automotive Transmissions Systems||3.00|
|AUTO-160: Automotive Chassis Units||2.00|
|TAFD-117: Industrial Computer Applications||3.00|
|TAFP-150: Introduction to Industrial Hydraulics||4.00|
|TAMA-120: Industrial Applications of Algebraic Principles||3.00|
Electrical: Complete courses based on specific company RTI
Credit Hours: 25
RTI (Related Training Instruction)
Employer specific document that details HFC courses needed to meet employer knowledge and skill requirements and fulfills HFC degree or certificate requirements.
Minimum Total Credit Hours
Requirements are subject to change. The information represented here is effective starting Winter 2019 and applies to the current catalog year. If you were admitted prior to this year, please check your requirements under the My Progress section of HFC Self Service.