Certificate of Achievement
School of Business, Entrepreneurship, and Professional Development: 313-845-9645, firstname.lastname@example.org, Technology Bldg, Room: E-211
James Anderson: 313-845-6351, email@example.com, Technology Bldg, Room: E-172A
Provides students with the opportunity to set up and operate machines, such as lathes, milling and boring machines to make working models of metal objects. Includes template makers.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Study blueprints, drawings, and sketches to determine material dimensions, required equipment, and operations sequences.
- Inspect and test products to verify conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments or circuit testers.
- Drill, countersink, and ream holes in parts and assemblies for bolts, screws, and other fasteners, using power tools.
- Cut, shape, and form metal parts, using lathes, power saws, snips, power brakes and shears, files, and mallets.
- Set up and operate machines, such as lathes, drill presses, punch presses, or bandsaws, to fabricate prototypes or models.
Additional Program Requirements
Complete a minimum of 38 additional credit hours in courses required within your specialization.
Required Core Courses
|Course name||Credit Hours|
|MTT-100: Machine Tool Processes I||4.00|
|TAMA-110: Industrial Applications of Basic Mathematical Principles||2.00|
|TAMA-120: Industrial Applications of Algebraic Principles||3.00|
|TAMA-130: Industrial Applications of Geometric Principles||2.00|
Trade and Apprentice Graphic Design: Complete courses based on specific company RTI
Foundations: Complete courses based on specific company RTI
Welding/Metallurgy: Complete courses based on specific company RTI
Credit Hours: 11
RTI (Related Training Instruction)
Employer specific document that details HFC courses needed to meet employer knowledge and skill requirements and fulfills HFC degree or certificate requirements.
Minimum Total Credit Hours
Requirements are subject to change. The information represented here is effective starting Winter 2019 and applies to the current catalog year. If you were admitted prior to this year, please check your requirements under the My Progress section of HFC Self Service.