Provides students with the knowledge and skills to assume an administrative role in today’s modern office environment. Students will learn the most commonly used computer software applications and critical communication and management skills. The program finishes with a capstone course where all aspects of the program are integrated to give students a comprehensive understanding of the operations of contemporary offices. Individuals who are already employed may find that the Office Administration Certificate increases the opportunity for promotion.
While working towards this certificate, students may apply course credits towards certificates in Computer Software Applications and/or Office Skills Fundamentals. The Office Administration Certificate may also be used as a building block towards the achievement of an Associate in Business degree in Administrative and Information Management.
- Compose effective written communication for a business environment.
- Demonstrate effective non-verbal and verbal communication skills for a business environment.
- Employ effective organizational skills in a business environment.
- Practice proper business etiquette and business protocol.
- Use word processing software at a n advanced level.
- Use spreadsheet software at an advanced level.
- Perform financial record keeping.