Provides course work in essential music skills and digital recording techniques. Covers recording, engineering, mixing, and mastering of recorded works. Uses a live studio environment to promote the development of practical skills. Teaches proficiency in the use of Avid Pro Tools software and provides students the opportunity to become Avid Pro Tools Certified.
- Select, set up, and place recording equipment for a variety of musical ensembles.
- Set up, manage, and use Pro Tools digital recording software including plug-ins.
- Communicate with musicians/clients using industry and musical terminology.
- Interpret artistic ideas and translate them into high quality recordings.
- Prepare and master recordings for different release media and in multiple formats.
- Become proficient in the use of Avid Pro Tools software.
- Optional: Take and pass Pro Tools Certification Exams.
- Studio recording engineer
- Studio recording technician
- Studio mixing engineer
- Studio assistant engineer/technician
- Studio producer
As part of the curriculum for MUS-192 and MUS-292 Students will have the opportunity to take Avid Pro Tools Certification Exams to become Avid Pro Tools Certified. Exams must be proctored by an Avid Certified Instructor from an Avid Learning Partner such as Henry Ford College. The cost of exams are included in the cost of required textbooks for the courses. Exams are optional and are not part of the program's requirements.
- Basic computer skills
- Fundamental knowledge of music theory
|Course name||Credit Hours|
|MUS-117: Piano Class 1||2.00|
|MUS-134: Music Fundamentals||3.00|
|MUS-138: Music Theory 1||3.00|
|MUS-139: Music Theory 2||3.00|
|MUS-141: Aural Music Skills 1||2.00|
|MUS-142: Aural Music Skills 2||2.00|
|MUS-191: Audio Recording Technology 1||4.00|
|MUS-192: Pro Tools 101||2.00|
|MUS-291: Audio Recording Technology 2||4.00|
|MUS-292: Pro Tools 110||2.00|
|MUS-299: Recording Arts Capstone||2.00|
Music: Complete two credits