Provides instruction and training in the field of user experience design. This program will introduce the student to the theories and the five-stage Design Thinking process. This certificate is ideal for students who want to transition from graphic design to user experience or move from business or marketing into the digital product environment. This certificate includes the user experience process from understanding the user or client through prototype and concludes with a portfolio ready case study.
- Use research methods, design systems and implement the five stages of Design Thinking: Empathize, Define, Ideate, Prototype, and Test.
- Apply research methods, design systems to implement the five stages of Design Thinking: Empathize, Define, Ideate, Prototype, and Test.
- Implement UX theories and systems to empathize with users, define the problem and evaluate the results.
- Develop an interactive prototype that responds to user needs by demonstrating the ability to analyze, iterate and evaluate the interactive product goals.
- Create a UX Case Study for inclusion in career search.
- User Experience Designer
- Interactive Product Designer
Recommended that the student has prior learning and/or experience in fields of visual design, web development, or business, and is looking to augment their career. While HTML/CCS is not required, the UX Designer will often converse with web developers and should have some knowledge of web design.
|Course name||Credit Hours|
|ART-158: User Experience (UX) Design 1||3.00|
|ART-258: User Experience (UX) Design 2||3.00|