Presents the components, job roles, and performance factors of today’s customer contact center. Discusses techniques to handle incoming customer inquires regarding products, services, accounts, and equipment; how to respond to customer inquiries, requests, and complaints; and how to troubleshoot for the customer, with prompt and courteous service, and professionalism.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- Types of Contact Centers
- Compare and contrast the various types of contact centers.
- Functions of Contact Centers and Job Roles
- Differentiate the various functions of a contact center.
- Identify and describe the job roles of contact center employees.
- Performance Factors
- Interpret performance factors needed to successfully manage customer communication.
- Active Listening
- Describe and demonstrate active listening.
- Telephone Skills
- Apply proper and effective telephone techniques.
- Principles for Effective Writing
- Compose concise, effective responses to customer correspondences.
- Handling Difficult-Customer Situations
- Identify various ways to manage and resolve difficult-customer situations.
- Meeting Customers' Needs
- Identify effective methods to meet customers' needs.
Assessment and Requirements
Students will be assessed through tests, quizzes, homework, and/or class participation.