Covers theory and operation of gas tungsten arc welding. Emphasizes safety protocols, flat welding position, horizontal welding position, and vertical welding position using aluminum.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- Flat welding on aluminum
- Horizontal welding on aluminum
- Vertical welding on aluminum
- Demonstrate the proper welding technique in flat position with aluminum.
- Demonstrate the proper welding technique in horizontal position with aluminum.
- Demonstrate the proper welding technique in vertical position with aluminum.
- Perform welds using proper preparation and welding technique for a given weldment.
Assessment and Requirements
Assessment of academic achievement may include (but is not limited to) exams, quizzes, homework, and laboratory assignments.
Texts, handouts, and/or workbooks will be determined by the Welding Technology department faculty.
Credit for Prior College-Level Learning
Test and weldment competency.