Covers theory, machine settings, filler metals, and operation of gas metal arc welding. Emphasizes safety protocols, flat welding position, and horizontal welding position using mild steel.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- GMAW welding machine
- Filler metal
- Flat position welding
- Horizontal position welding
- Demonstrate proper safety practices for the Gas Metal Arc Welding process.
- Prepare the Gas Metal Arc Welding machine for a given metal type and thickness.
- Select the proper filler metal for a given weldment using the Gas Metal Arc Welding process.
- Demonstrate the proper welding technique in flat position.
- Demonstrate the proper welding technique in horizontal position.
- Perform welds using proper preparation and welding technique for a given weldment.
Assessment and Requirements
Assessment of academic achievement may include (but is not limited to) exams, quizzes, homework, and laboratory assignments.
Texts, handouts, and/or workbooks will be determined by the Welding Technology department faculty.
Credit for Prior College-Level Learning