Introduces the destructive and non-destructive testing equipment and procedures used in the evaluation of welds. Covers how to evaluate the results against a welding standard and write a report on those findings.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- Bend Testing
- Break Testing
- Utrasonic Testing
- X Ray Testing
- Magnaflux Testing
- Heat Affected Zone
- Identify and explain bend and break tests as destructive weld tests.
- Identify and explain various non destructive weld tests.
- Demonstrate destructive weld test procedures.
- Demonstrate non destructive weld test procedures.
- Evaluate destructive and non destructive weld test results.
- Explain the heat affected zone in a welded joint.
Assessment and Requirements
• Post exam
• Lab evaluation utilizing a standard evaluation matrix
Texts, handouts, and/or workbooks will be determined by the Welding Technology department faculty.
Credit for Prior College-Level Learning
Test and competency