Introduces safety protocols and weld pipe preparation. Focuses on pipe welding in 6G welding position using the shielded metal arc and the gas tungsten arc welding processes.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- Pipe preparation and alignment.
- 6G welding position with SMAW.
- 6G welding position with GTAW.
- Demonstrate proper safety practices for pipe welding.
- Identify and explain the 6G pipe welding positions.
- Demonstrate the proper alignment techniques for welded pipe joints.
- Perform a weld using the proper techniques for the 6G positions using the Shielded Metal Arc Welding process.
- Perform a weld using the proper techniques for the 6G positions using the Gas Tungsten Arc Welding process.
Assessment and Requirements
Assessment of academic achievement may include (but is not limited to) exams, quizzes, homework, and laboratory assignments.
Texts, handouts, and/or workbooks will be determined by the Welding Technology department faculty.
Credit for Prior College-Level Learning
Test and weldment competency.