Introduces safety protocols and proper weld pipe preparation. Focuses on alignment and pipe welding with socket joints and flange joints.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- Socket and flange joints.
- Socket alignment.
- Flange alignment.
- Socket welding.
- Flange welding.
- Demonstrate proper safety practices for pipe welding.
- Identify and explain a socket pipe joint.
- Identify and explain a flanged pipe joint.
- Demonstrate the proper alignment techniques for the socket and flanged pipe joints.
- Perform a weld using the proper techniques for the socket and flanged pipe joint using the Shielded Metal Arc Welding process.
Assessment and Requirements
Assessment of academic achievement may include (but is not limited to) exams, quizzes, homework, and laboratory assignments.
Texts, handouts, and/or workbooks will be determined by the Welding Technology department faculty.
Credit for Prior College-Level Learning
Test and weldment competency.