An intermediate-level course covering the advanced technologies of a scripting language used for Web programming. Covers multi-page web applications, working with server and validation controls, master pages, and database programming with GridView, DetailsView, and FormView controls.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- ASP.NET web programming introduction
- One-page web application
- Multi-page web application
- HTML essentials for web programming
- Server controls
- Validation controls
- Managing state
- Master pages
- SQL data sources for a GridView control, DetailsView control, and FormView control
- Compose an ASP.Net program that will make use of state management and multi-pages web forms.
- Design, code, and test an ASP.Net program that will make use of the common web server controls and a master page.
- Create an ASP.Net application that will utilize code-behind files.
- Develop an ASP.Net application that will interface with a relational database management system.
- Create an ASP.Net application that will user Web server validation controls.
- Compose a Web form using a GridView control, DetailsView control, and a FormView control bound to a database source.
Assessment and Requirements
Lab-based quizzes, programming assignments, and tests.