Introduces integrated manufacturing systems. Presents the technology associated with a complex integrated manufacturing system through working with the SMC-FMS-200. Discusses manufacturing processes of feeding, handling, verification, and loading operations.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- Safety in the manufacturing workplace.
- Function of an integrated work cell.
- Function of a programmable logic controller (PLC).
- Typical input/output interfaces.
- Integration of technologies.
- Troubleshooting techniques.
- Identify the safety issues associated with elecrical mechanical systems.
- Discuss the concepts of an integrated manufacturing system work cell.
- Operate the FMS 200 work cell.
- Identify PLC inputs and outputs associated with pneumatic and electrical components.*
- Operate a PLC successfully at a basic level of operation.
- Correct machine faults.*
- Develop a troubleshooting flow chart that can be applied to the SMC Trainer.*
Assessment and Requirements
Operation of the FMS 200 Work Cell and a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC.) or the AMTEC Systems Simulator
Texts, handouts, and/or workbooks will be determined by the TAE Department.
Credit for Prior College-Level Learning
Competency-based hands-on lab exam based upon the project of the course