Covers the development of geometrical elements of structures, their intersections by the radial line, triangulation methods of sheet metal layout, the drawing of development layouts, and the forming of cardboard or sheet metal models.
Goals, Topics, and Objectives
- Layout problem for pipe and flange pipe.
- Stretchouts for sections of the joint.
- Stretchouts for sections of elbows.
- Stretchouts with 3/8" lap seam.
- Stretchouts with ¼” lap seam.
- Stretchout of cap including location of support legs.
- Layout plan and elevation.
- Drop cheek elbow and reverse elbow.
- Ogee offset.
Assessment and Requirements
All students will be required to complete a comprehensive final examination that assesses the learning of all course objectives. This exam must be weighted in a manner so that this exam score is worth a minimum of 15 percent of the final course grade. This exam is to be a common exam administered to all sections of TASM 120.
Texts, handouts, and/or workbooks will be determined by the TAE Department.